"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, March 27, 2006

Ahhhhh

crocus in my front garden

Look at what's blooming in my front garden!

I've got crocus scattered round the property, in sunny spots and shady ones, but this batch--an early variety--is always the first to bloom.

The retreat on Saturday was very positive and productive, though quite exhausting. It was great to get out, after 10 days of being housebound, but it flattened me! I spent all of yesterday recovering--slept late and napped a lot on the sofa, through the day and night.

Thanks so much for the healing wishes...they've really helped a lot! I'm no longer treating myself like an invalid. In the next day or two I plan to resume my daily workout. And I'll be making all my appointments this week. Today, in fact, I've got an afternoon meeting. I'm responsible for bringing snacks, so this morning I've been baking Spicy Apple Squares. The house smells heavenly!

The sunshine and warmth are improving my mood! So is the fact that ice is nearly all the way out on the little lake. I'm already looking forward to canoe rides.

And those crocuses are boosting my optimism, too! Won't be long before I can start playing in the dirt. I'm so ready for gardening season!


No comments: