"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Meet the Press

Here's a photo from my press conference with the Slovakian media. Participants included several magazine journalists, tv interviewers, and a radio journalist. The lady sitting on my right is Ivana, my interpreter. The gentleman to my left, beyond the empty chair, is the managing editor of the publishing house. There were at least three other people present not seen in the picture--a video photographer and a a still photographer, and one other magazine journalist. I believe there were 15 of us in total!

No comments: