"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My Day at the Office

The working day began later than I intended...it was a chilly morning and I was reluctant to leave my warm covers.

The bay is nearly silent. Hardly any boats. Waterfowl are the predominant form of traffic. I espeically enjoyed hearing the chorus of three loons swimming together down near the point. I could see them, but they weren't close enough to make a good photo.

Here's my office on the hillside. I have a chair, a mug of tea, and a keyboard. And an assistant who excels in chewing sticks and taking naps in the warm sunshine.



The view from my office is illustrated in yesterday's post.

Working conditions are so ideal that I've finished the draft of my magazine article. After my assistant and I take our afternoon walk, I'll be diving into the current chapter of my manuscript.

And tonight, as my reward for making so much progress, I'll continue reading this 17th century historical novel...



Dark Angels by Karleen Koen is the prequel to Through a Glass Darkly--published twenty years ago!


No comments: