"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wanderings

So much happened this week, related to the book and the legislature and the Friend From The North Country that I couldn't keep up my blogging as well, until now.

Yesterday there was snow. My FFTNC and I sat at the breakfast table watching very heavy flurries but soon it turned to very cold rain. It was a wet, blustery day and there was no accumulation. The House was in session and we finished around 1.30.

Today I was in a part of the state that received quite a bit more snow!



On my drive I saw some beautiful scenery, and pockets of snow and places where there was green grass and flowering trees and no snow at all!





Oh, how I love the whale tails! Never pass them without getting a photo!



Not too long after crossing into La Belle Province, we came to my favourite garden statuary emporium.



I was shopping for a new bird bath. I bought one like this, only the pedestal is much cuter, a pair of fish entwined. The top is the same. It was on sale, $20 discount!



Our destination.



Escargots and moules frites for supper.



The restaurant was a lovely brasserie close to McGill University with lots of brass rails and murals all round with 17th century motifs. Here's the part that was next to our table.



We stopped at the SAQ for several bottles of my fave Belgian beer. I cleaned out their Morte Subite section. If they re-stock I might buy more.


No comments: