"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, December 05, 2011

Seasonal Activities

We visited the mountaintop tree farm and chose a tree on Saturday, a gorgeous specimen.

Yesterday I decorated our Christmas Tree-in-the-round.




I finished as dark was falling (the days certainly are getting short!) Then I went to Concord for the annual performance of Handel's Messiah. This year, with different soloists and a different trumpet player. As usual, the enormous church was packed, the musicians were breathtaking, the choristers magnificent (a wall of sound), and the soprano, alto, tenor and based performed magnificently.

The soprano and the alto.



Curtain call.



I've got video, too, which may come later. I'm busy wrapping presents at the moment. My shopping is complete and I'll be glad to get the shipping done soon, too.


No comments: