"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Twelfth Night



The hours of Christmas are swiftly waning.

In some ways this new year 2012 resembles the soup bowls created by my potter friend for his annual Christmas party--empty, not yet filled with experiences. And I am expectant and curious, wondering what this year will hold.

Keeping with the theme of 12, my calendar for the 12 months of 2012 is remarkably full. Lots of events, more than the usual amount of travel.

Thanks to those who expressed Christmas & New Year's wishes. Since last I blogged, life was very uneventful. Most of my activity has taken place within the confines of the Lodge and not worth sharing. In the aftermath of the Iowa caucus, a horde of politicians and an even larger army of journalists have descended upon this state, trying to stir up excitement about an outcome that doesn't seem to be in doubt. It's difficult to describe the atmosphere that occurs here every 4 years. It will be over on Tuesday night.

I do have stuff I want to blog--maybe the books I've recently read or plan to. Other web projects have kept me occupied but I definitely need to prune my blog roll of dormant ones, and maybe change some other things around.


No comments: