"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Friday, June 01, 2012

Garden Shots

Rose of the Day: Shailer's Provence aka Gracilis, a Boursault variety dating from 1796. My 2 towering specimens derived from a single tiny cutting my mother gave me. Ever a candidate for my "most favourite rose," due to its beauty, scent, and origin. It's blooming about a fortnight to 3 weeks early.



One of the 6 or so butterflies swarming my large lilac bush today. It's the state flower!



The grounds--indeed, the entire landscape everywhere I've been--are so lush and green from recent rains. The rose canes are bent over they are so laden with buds. More rain on the way...so I'm enjoying this glorious sunshine and the cloudless blue sky!

No comments: