"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Girls & The Boys

As nature diarist, and blogger I apologise for having lapsed. (Well, I suppose Walter's photo counts!)

The painted turtles have crossed the road from the little lake to dig nests and lay eggs on our property...probably since the dawn of time. I've been here to watch them for 19 years. Our first girl arrived today. May 30 is one of the commonest dates for the first egg-laying of the season. In earlier years it was mid-June. Global warming, anyone?



Now for the boys. Recent visitors at the feeders. I think the feeders will remain after the Lodge is listed, and after we move to the new place. I can buy new feeders to tempt the birds living over there. Personally, I think chaps like this would tempt someone to buy this house. Feeders included!









And here are my four-legged girls. The careful sifting of all our personal possessions resulted in the unearthing of their all-time favourite toy. So much a fave that it has to be taken away from them before they destroy it.

Ruth is extremely proprietary...



...so I gave Jewel a chance to enjoy it.



More from the House of Boxes as things proceed. And time permits!

No comments: