"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Leaf-Peeping

It's what we do at this time of year. The recent winds have played havoc with the trees, but there's still some really good colour to be found. Immediately after church I headed to the mall for a few errands and took the scenic route home. Well, all routes are scenic at this season, but I took some country roads instead of the highway.

These first photos were snapped along a country road.




This photo is at a scenic lay-by on the highway.




I brought home a dog toy for Ruth and Jewel...according to the packaging, "for Power Chewers."

It did not, I regret to report, remain intact so long as an hour. What's the next level up from power chewer? Beaver? Woodchuck? Jaws of death? Both of our girls qualify.


No comments: