"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, April 01, 2012

April Fool's!

Really, it's not a joke--I'm posting to the blog!

The morning after we returned to NH, we woke to a dusting of snow. That would've been a good April Fool's joke, only it was real. During our absence, the Granite State was enjoying temperatures similar to what we experienced down South. I've had to pack away my shorts and t-shirts and summery skirts and tops. We're having "normal" seasonal temperatures now.

Another non-joke: Lake Winnipesaukee recorded its earliest ever ice-out at apparoximately 9.30 AM on March 23rd. (We were away.) The previous earliest was March 24 in 2010. Global warming, anyone? We are looking at the calendar and the long-range forecasts, working out how soon we will open the cottage on the Bay. I'm guessing it will set an "earliest ever" record.

A week ago tomorrow I was cruising around in my friend's convertible, an annual ritutal. We went to a British tea shop for lunch, we shopped (I bought 2 pair of sunglasses (including the one in the photo), 2 skirts, and some gifts.



Part of our cruising involved a visit to the church in which the Chap and I were married.



Fortunately the priest came along in time to take us inside.

The Rose Window. I spent lots of time gazing in it as a member of the choir.



The baptismal font and a favourite stained glass window.



The church has two Tiffany windows--a rare distinction, I believe only one other church can claim more than one.

This morning, Palm Sunday, I was in my local parish. It has nice windows, too!





No comments: