"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, January 07, 2013

Epiphanies Great and Small

We had snow right after Christmas. Jewel and Ruth were happy, they love chasing each other through the drifts.



And it makes for lovely photographs, like this one featuring the colours red, white, and blue.



And it allowed for cooling of this bottle of Morte Subite (Belgian raspberry beer) that I enjoyed on New Year's Day.



The return of snow--we had so little of it last year--reminded me how very much I enjoy this season of hibernation. However, the first week of 2013 proved busy, with diocesan meetings and plans and projects...and the Investiture of our new bishop.

Our Friend from the North Country spend the night at the Lodge on the eve of the Investiture, which took place on the Eve of The Epiphany--also Twelfth Night. I'm afraid we didn't have the traditional cake...but we and our FFTNC did enjoy a nice lunch together in downtown Concord.



I was a lector at the investiture service, and read Isaiah 60, verses 1-6, the Epiphany prophecy. I love those verses, appointed for the Feast of Epiphany, which was yesterday.

With Christmastide behind us, we have entered a season of light. Our days have been beautifully sunny, the sky perfectly blue and cloudless. At the Lodge we've used our fireplace at night. And when we're out in the late afternoon, we notice that the days are already lengthening.

I did so well with my sole (and extremely rare) New Year's Resolution for 2012 (electronically publish some of my backlist titles), that I followed my former tradition and made none for 2013. I have goals and ambitions and plans and dreams...and the ones that are realised will of course be detailed here on the blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Margaret Porter said...

Hello to you, too!