"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Palm Sunday



Twenty days? Yes, I know, it's been a long absence--too long! But there has been much activity on the domestic, diocesan, and literary front. I'm either not at the Lodge, or I'm at the Lodge working frantically to meet various deadlines.

We have endured some fairly drastic snow storms this month...and therefore the landscape doesn't look like springtime does in most places. But in New England, this isn't abnormal. But the days are longer, the sap is running well, maple syrup season is off to a good start. In fact, this is Maple Syrup Weekend and sugar houses around the state are having their special open houses. Unfortunately, we aren't participating this year, due to the aforementioned hectic activity.

Some recent scenes, all from the Lodge except the one from the Big Lake.











I shall return as soon as I can!

No comments: