"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Back to the Big Lake

After an intense weekend of real estate activity (arranging for the Lodge to be listed), a huge celebration (our parish's 150th anniversary, with the bishop's visitation, reception, and luncheon), a farewell dinner (our dear friend the canon/priest/potter is soon relocating his ministry to Colorado), and a very special reunion with our Friend Formerly From the North Country (now living in Northern California) who was in the area for her college reunion, I've sought refuge at the lake cottage for much needed relaxation.

I needed some of this....



...and less of this.



We had packers from our moving company come last week to box up my library/office--research books and favourite fiction. And I spent last week packing china, porcelain, crystal, silver, rose bushes (don't ask!), and more.

I'm spending my 2 days, 3 nights here in reading, knitting, walking Ruth and Jewel, planning my new rose and perennial gardens, and plotting where the furniture will go in the new house. Oh, and feeding worms to my wild pet fish Walter, who is swimming down at our dock, waiting for Mrs. Walter to come and lay eggs.



No comments: