"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, April 21, 2014

Eastertide

 
My beautiful jasmine plant is blooming indoors, scenting the entire second floor of the house. I've had it for many years now, the plant began as a slip of a cutting from the jasmine twining up the side of my parents' house. I re-visited that mother plant at the end of March.
 
It wasn't blooming at that time, but other beautiful spring blossoms were in evidence.
 
Dogwood
 
 
Yoshino Cherry Trees (the Cherry Blossom Festival was in full swing)
 
 
 
Camellias
 
 
We returned home to find far too much snow still on the ground, followed by some rather harsh late spring weather. We even had snowfall--very light--as recently as last week!
 
But the ground is well-thawed now, not a speck of snow to be seen, and today I planted 4 new rose bushes, 3 climbers and a floribunda. I've got 4 more to go. I'm having some of my raised beds enlarged and combined, so lots of new space to fill with roses and perennials!
 
The crocuses are blooming, so are these lovely miniature irises. The hyacinths and daffodils are showing buds. Spring is springing--at last!
 
 
 

No comments: