"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Tagged Again!

That crafty Carla has tagged me. Again.

the beautiful beach on Sea Island
Seven Things to Do Before I Die:

1. Return to Sea Island, Georgia and play in the sand and surf
2. Complete a play script
3. Complete a screenplay
4. Re-read the Complete Works of Shakespeare
5. Wear a particular pair of Shoes I've Never Worn
6. Revive my French language skills
7. Kiss my husband trillion gazillion times more

Seven Things I Cannot Do:

1. Bungee-jump (I don't want to either, so it's okay)
2. Use a tennis racquet in my left hand (and I'm left-handed!)
3. Scuba-dive (Carla Neggers said this, and for me it's equally true)
4. Play cribbage
5. Say "no" easily
6. Eat beets
7. Leave the church

My Spouse
Seven Things that Attract Me to My Spouse (romantic interest, best friend, whomever, not necssarily in this order):

1. The way he laughs
2. The way my name sounds when he says it
3. His confidence in me
4. How smart he is
5. His innate goodness
6. His tidiness
7. The fact that he's a grown-up and behaves like one

Seven Things I Say (or write!) Most Often:

Here Shadow, Here Lola!

1. I love you.
2. Awesome!
3. Rats!
4. No way!
5. Mean people suck.
6. Here, Shadow! Here, Lola!
7. Sure I can.


Seven Books (or series) I Love:

1. The Witch of Blackbird Pond, by Elizabeth George Speare
2. The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
3. My Winnie-the-Pooh books
4. Katherine, by Anya Seton
5. A Chance to Sit Down, by Meredith Daneman
6. Arabella, by Georgette Heyer
7. The Mapp and Lucia books, by E.F. Benson

Seven Movies I Would Watch Over and Over Again:


1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
2. A Room with a View
3. Dr. Strangelove
4. Bringing Up Baby
5. Sense & Sensibility
6. Gone with the Wind
7. The Wizard of Oz

Seven People I Want to Join In (Be Tagged):

1. Teresa Eckford
2. Edith Layton
3. Tess Gerritsen
4. Jo Manning
5. Any and all of Squawk Radio
6. The Madwoman Herself, aka Kathy Li
7. MJ Rose(good call, Carla!)



No comments: