"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Day

There's so much for which I'm thankful today. One of those things is sunshine.

The Chap managed to eat turkey today--a turkey sandwich at lunchtime.

I spent my day inside this building.



All day my nose was buried in books three centuries old and didn't emerge till dinnertime. I had a list of places where one could partake of a "Thanksgiving Menu".

However, we decided we could be content to follow the local custom. Behold, our festive Thanksgiving meal: Bindi Bahji, Lamb Tikka Masala, and Chicken Makhni.




No comments: