"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Wolf Mountain

Ever since our blizzard, Lola begins every morning by vaulting over Wolf Mountain, the pile of accumulated and shovelled snow on our deck.



How'd I do?



Exceptionally well--especially for a 14-year old!


Second attempt. Ruth, little buddy and official "spotter," takes the low road. With the photographer blocking the path, achieving the necessary height and speed proved difficult.



Yesterday, during my journey to the capital city to legislate, traffic was stopped for some pole work near the home of a friend and fellow legislator.



Presumably the crew were raising the power lines in preparation for moving the meetinghouse. And after that Training Center Open House the other day, I'm so very well-informed about linemen!

My committee held several public hearings in the morning and afternoon, followed by our first Executive Session--all postponed from Valentine's Day, due to the snowstorm. A long but productive day. Our Committee Chairman brought brownies and placed them in our committee office for all to enjoy. He claimed to have baked them himself. Delicious!

It's a beautiful Saturday, over 30 degrees. We sat in the sunroom to finish reading the morning paper.

The interlude was briefly interrupted when a member of the public rang me, to express her opposition to pending legislation in my committee. This occurs with increasing frequency. While scribbling notes on the back of an ancient shopping receipt, I realised I must install notepads and pens beside every telephone in the house.


No comments: