"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Thursday, June 21, 2007

News from the Lake--Lake in the News

The most recent sunset.



This, the longest day of the year, is a particlarly fine one. Sunshine, blue sky, white clouds--and a fierce, sharp breeze barelling down the Bay. The constant wind makes the surface of the lake wavy like an ocean--lots of whitecaps. Conditions are not conducive to my inaugural swim of the season.

Yesterday afternoon the girls and I took the Ultimate Walk--all the way round the Point and up the hill and back down again. Wish I'd brought along the Activity Monitor I recently won as a doorprize...it would tell me the distance in miles and my heartrate (I think) and calories burned other interesting info. But I left it back at the Lodge, still enwrapped in its packaging.

The big white boat just passed the dock, having visiting its port at the bottom of the Bay.



This lake is currently featured in a current American Express tv commercial. The one with Martin Scorcese. And Ellen Degeneres (among others.) You can watch it here. Here's some info on the Amex Members Project.

Oh, and if you want to learn a lot more (than you probably need to) about my Lake, stop by this site.

No comments: