"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Got it! Love it!



I arrived at Borders bright and early this morning--9:15. The disc was on sale, plus I used my $5 off Rewards certificate, so got major savings on what was already an auto-buy.

It's terrific. A continuation of his journey through roots-y folky territory. His rockin' days appear to be behind him, but I've got the entire Dire Straits catalogue and all his solo stuff, so I know where to find the heavy duty stuff when I want it.

The tune Madam Geveva's pushed all my buttons. I could swear I recognise it from years of studying 17th and 18th-century street ballads...but apparently not, as all the songs are MK originals. Well done!

Within a one hour interval today I had occasion to drive three of our four motorcars. This feat was neither normal, nor natural, but rather so extremely weird that I felt it worth mentioning.


No comments: