"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Snow is Fun. For Some.



Although we didn't get as much snow as we feared, just 8 inches more and not a whole foot, it's quite scary out there. We each did duty with the snow shovels. The Chap cleared paths with the snowblower.

One more storm, he says, and my car will be completely blocked, permanently stuck in our garage. "And then I'll be phoning the Legislature to request taxi service for you." On a brighter note, he added, "The temperature is going to be above freezing every day next week."

I wouldn't really mind beating the all-time snowfall record (less than a foot to go now!) But not unless we have some major melting first.

At least February is over.

Dydd Gwyl Dewi hapus! Happy St. David's Day! I haven't any leeks to wave about, or to eat. And it's weeks till I see my daffodils, presently buried under many feet of snow. But for those of Welsh ancestry, this is our equivalent of St. Patrick's Day.

I'm Irish too, so March means lots of celebrating. In addition to the birthday. And the Equinox!

Some members of our household have been enjoying the season.

They chase each other this way....


...and that way...


...and try to find the snowballs I throw.


More snowball-chasing, in video form. Short. But so cute.




No comments: