"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Floral Views

My purple snake's head fritillary has opened. Here's one of my "inside the bell" shots. I love the way it turned out.



I don't love the way this one turned out but here's the flower head:



It's quite similar in colour and shape to this hellebore.



The bergenia is also blooming.



Before leaving the Big Lake yesterday I had an interesting (at least to me) wildlife encounter with an unexpected outcome. I've got photos and even video, but no time to post them now.

It's another trying week, packed with responsibilites on so many fronts. I'll be spending lots of time in my car and in meetings and so on. My attitude about it all isn't terribly good, I confess. Re-entry from my lakeside life to Lodge life (not that I'm spending my life at the Lodge) is harder than it should be. But a little tour of my flower gardens earlier, with the camera, put me in a better frame of mind.


No comments: