"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Relaxing on the Lake

It's wonderful having my friend here. We've known each other so long and see each other too rarely.

On the way home we stopped at the Chap's office to see the new addition to his building and his new future office. It was being painted at that very moment.

We all went out for a seafood dinner--fried clams and fried oysters and fish and chips.



A shower had passed over and when we came out we saw a rainbow.



Today we came up to the lake cottage. It was a gorgeous day. We arrived in time for lunch on the dock. She really likes these chips!



A glider took advantage of the lovely day.



When I went to check the water temperature--77 degrees--the string tied to the thermometer gave way and it sank down to the bottom of the water.

I decided--egged on by my friend--that I'd better retrieve it. So I changed and prepared myself for a chilly swim.



But the water was at least 7 degrees warmer than the air. So once I was in, it felt really good.

Success!



Later in the afternoon we took a long walk, all the way around and over the Point and back.

Tomorrow we're cruising on the Big White Boat!


No comments: