"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sheepish



Sheepish--that would be me. I really intended to blog more before I left the harsh climes of New England for a warmer location with absolutely no snow upon the ground. But I was either busy or distracted. Or packing. Apologies!

Today was a literary, floral, historical and culinary pilgrimage.

Edith Wharton as a child.



Nathaniel Hawthorne, my husband's cousin via the Hathornes of Danvers and Salem, MA. (The author added the "w" to his name...an attempt to conceal the dire family history. His ancestor--and my spouse's--Judge Hathorne was infamous for hanging witches.)



I'm a flower child.




These limes are about to be turned into caipirinhas at a beloved Brazilian restaurant. (No, I'm not in Brasil.)



Mmmm, tasty alligator. (No, I'm not in alligator country.)



This chick seems to appreciate roses as much as I do. But she dresses better.



More soon--seriously, I mean it this time. And I'll share some images of my very special home away from home.


No comments: