"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Author Event

No, not mine....

My present days are quiet and visually uninteresting, so I'm backtracking a bit.

We recently (recently = earlier this month) attended a Barnes & Noble booksigning featuring our friend Tess. We met her for a quick lunch beforehand. Local elections were coming up so we talked politics instead of book biz stuff.

A little while later, the talented author discussed her writing before a rapt group of readers.




Here's a stack of her books, ready for autographing.




Tess wows the crowd!




We had a great time, it's always fun catching up. That's why I urge all my author pals to tour our area!


No comments: