"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Happenings

November is already shaping up to be a very busy month--the first half of it, anyway!

But October concluded in quite a peaceful and quiet way. Our Halloween afternoon canoe ride was wonderful.




In honour of the last voyage of the season, and Halloween, I wore my glittery new tiara--an eccentric combination with a fleece top and sweatpants. A friend recently gave it to me (don't ask!) I already have two (please don't ask!) but I like this one best of all!

Halloween night was a bit too peaceful and quiet. We didn't get any trick-or-treaters, which is too bad because they missed seeing me in my tiara and fleece/sweatpants ensemble. We're used to it, living in a remote and rural area. The up-side is that we got to eat all the candy ourselves.

Shadow's foot is still being protected. Here's her latest fashion statement--she likes this sock because the dog on it looks just like her. It happens to be one of mine. The washing machine ate its mate.





Lola in the upstairs sitting room, hoping some kids will come to the door.




The weather has been warm, sunny, and mild. Quite a contrast to our mostly grey October!


No comments: