"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Scholar

Yesterday was gorgeously sunny but a bit blustery. I had a chance to enjoy the nice weather until noontime, when I entered the British Library for a date with some original 17th century tomes. It was dark when I emerged.

Had dinner at Depa Tandoori last night, only a step away from our digs. The usual: Makhni Chicken, Lamb Tikka Masala, Bindi Bahji....

This morning dawned grey (but no rain!) and windy, chillier than it has been. I returned to the BL for another date with 17th century tomes. This time I emerged before dock...in time for an early tea, in fact.

The Duke about whom I'm writing was quite the fine dancer, apparently. He impressed people at a ball with his performance of a the rigadoon.

I'm so excited about tomorrow. There was a Plan...which got superseded by an even better Plan.

Tonight we'll dine at the pub I've wanted to dine at for a solid year.


No comments: