"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Stroll: The Wetness

Remember this, one of the snow mountains on our big deck?

First thing this morning, it looked like this:

And now it's completely gone!

There's still a bit of snow/slush on the octagon deck, but not for long.

Yesterday we had a Concord outing, enjoying the 55 to 60 degree temperatures. The Chap went shopping for a suit at Jos. A Bank. While he was there, I was in Target, buying a funky new mobile phone, a Ruth-sized dog bed (probably for the cottage), and lots of socks. Everything on sale, big time. Then to Borders to use a 40% off coupon. Then to Margarita's for to use up another free birthday meal coupon. (I usually get 3 coupons and they're good throughout my birthday month.) Considering our many purchases, thrifty me can boast we did not pay full price for anything...so many great bargains to be had!

The rest of the day was occupied with indoor gardening...re-potting some new acquisitions and other plants.

Because it was pouring rain this morning, the first part of my Sunday Stroll took place indoors.

I re-potted this camellia cutting which lives on the kitchen windowsill. And appears to have a bud.

My new Petite Negra fig has a new container.

Several years ago at a garden centre inventory reduction sale, I picked up half a dozen or more wire trellises and topiary frames for 25 cents a piece. I used 2 yesterday.

A ring for my stephanotis.

A tree shape for ivy from Nell Gwyn's forest.

Before heading to church, I checked out my new official licence plate. I picked it up at DMV on Friday, the Chap installed it yesterday.

Crocus buds in the church garden.

Despite the weather, our eucharist was well-attended and we had a nice gathering after the service. It was wetter and colder when we left the church than when we entered!

Driving back to the Lodge, we had to stop for turkeys crossing the road. I wasn't very swift in picking up the camera, they were almost out of sight by the time I shot these turkey tails.

When we got home, we backed my Honorable Vehicle out of the garage for a car wash courtesy of Mother Nature. It's raining heavily enough to remove some of the mud season mud.

The Chap is busy with stuff round the house. He said if I wanted a fire, I'd have to build and tend it myself.

All right, then!

One of those days for sitting in front of the fireplace with laptop warming my lap and napping dogs spread across the cushions. I've got tons of catching up to do on tasks that could not be performed during the past week of madness.

Thanks for stopping by. To continue strolling, head in this direction.

No comments: