"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, September 21, 2009

Musical Monday: The Last (Full) Day of Summer.

The Chap visited us cottagers yesterday, bringing the Sunday paper (and lots of others I hadn't yet seen), and some provisions. The 48-hour gale was over.



Our plan was to dine out for a late lunch/early dinner. So we loaded the girls in the car.



Ruth forgot her shades.



Swamp maples on the road to Wolfeboro.



We went to El Centenario, and the food was excellent as always. The guacamole made at tableside is a real treat.

Last night I watched The Emmys. Some surprises. The husband of film/tv series actress I knew in a former life went home with a statue. I was happy whenever Mad Men won, or 30 Rock but wish The Office and House could've won also.

Then I watched the 2nd broadcast of Mad Men. Good grief! In my opinion it actually lived up to the critical hype as the "best MM episode to date."

Past 2 days were rather light in terms of writing productivity. I'm not surprised after the marathon of writing about a royal death and funeral. But I seem to be back on track now.

Here's The Cure performing The Last Day of Summer. Because as far as I'm concerned is--the last full one. The Autumnal Equinox occurs tomorrow at 5:18 p.m.



And n a similar vein, here's Cousteau:




No comments: