"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Scenes of Doomsday

We'll, I've survived the dreaded (by some) 060606--so far. Haven't seen the devil or the Anti-Christ yet.

Well, maybe I did, 'cause Ruth certainly did something fiendish this morning with her sharp little teeth. I was happily snoozing, so didn't catch her in the act and couldn't tell her she must never, ever do that again.

This act, still in progress as I write, doesn't appear to be devilish.

turtle laying eggs


Or this one.

butterfly on lilac

The girls guard the door, in case Beelzebub turns up.

waiting for Beelzebub

Mind you, I'm headed out into the big bad world a bit later, to the Post Office and a couple of meetings. No telling what I'll encounter when I leave the forest.

Cute Ruth picture of the day:



Like many people, she chills out on the weekend with a nice cold brew. In this case, Rolling Rock.

Okay, don't turn me in to the ASPCA--we took it away from her as soon as I shot the photo. And we didn't give it to her. She stole that empty beer bottle off the top of the recycling bin!


No comments: