"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, April 06, 2008

It's About Time!

In fact, it's well past time. Look who turned up this morning, before we left for church:



Soon as Ruth and Jewel spotted the chipmunk, it took off. They now are making regular "chipmunk checks".



It's also about time for me to be well and truly well again. I'm not back to 100%, but getting there. The malady first presented itself on Easter night--exactly two weeks ago.

But I've not been languishing in bed, oh, no. On Friday I participated in a diocesan Spring Event planning meeting, following by a mandolin lesson.

And yesterday the Chap and I attended the diocesan Stewardship Institute, an all-day leadership seminar in church stewardship held at the wonderful and amazing camp and conference centre located in our diocese but belonging to a neighbouring diocese. (I love going there, whether for overnight retreats or a daylong event.)

The crowd was large. And very attentive.



It was co-ordinated by one of my canon chums, the other one was a presenter, as was the Bishop, plus a psychologist who explained to us some of the psychology of giving, a Trustee of the diocese enlightened us about Planned Giving. At midday we had a delicious hot lunch in the dining room. I was Photographer Girl and participated in the penultimate session, a round table (I'll do anything to help out a friend!) and luckily I only had to field a single question. Last of all came the world premiere of the new diocesan Stewardship DVD. The entire event proceeded seamlessly, was fun and informative.

We were back at the Lodge in time to give the girls their supper.

Last night, we watched All About Eve on Turner Classic Movies. How I love that film!

Tonight, we're watching The Draughtsman's Contract. Always a plus when "research" and "entertainment" collide!


No comments: