"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Breakfast at Wimbledon



Strawberry French Toast with whipped cream.

The women's final result was exactly as I'd hoped. I know, Venus Williams has won the title repeatedly--more times than Serena. But till today she hadn't prevailed in a sister-against-sister final.

I'm torn about the Men's Final. I think it would be amazing to see Borg's record of consecutive Wimbledon finals set, tied, and broken in my lifetime. On the other hand, Nadal has proved a tenacious opponent to Federer on grass, though not yet a victorious one, and deserves to someday hoist that trophy.


No comments: