"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dog Attack, Valentine's Day, Mardi Gras

It's a Sunday Stroll day but my camera batteries croaked before I had a chance to stroll after church. So I'm posting pics from yesterday and before church this morning.

As previously mentioned our Friend from the North Country, also known all last week as Birthday Girl, was using the Lodge as her base late in the week. Yesterday before she and I headed out on a shopping trip, she was saying goodbye to Ruth and Jewel (and trying to explain to them that because she's soon headed to the Holy Land it will be a month or more before she sees them again.)

They all posed for pictures.



Then the girls mauled her with affection.



First thing this morning the Chap and I exchanged Valentine's cards--some home-made, some store bought--this morning, and opened gifts, which included a dog book, a fave DVD, a music cd (the new Sade album), and cholocate candy and cookies.

At church we were having our Mardi Gras celebration (two days early). I was able to wear my groovy and colourful new sweater and found some actual Mardi Gras beads that matched nicely. The Chap acquired the beads during a New Orleans Mardi Gras parade, approximately a month before we first met.



In response to a request for a scarf photo, here's the finished product. I chose the yarn because it goes so nicely with this winter jacket (and other clothes I've got.)



Oh, I was wearing some festive Mardi Gras shoes, also.



Last night while watching Olympics I started my next knitting project--a prayer shawl. I'm using Homespun (that's the brand name) yarn, which has a crimp in it, and a Beginner level pattern. The shawl is really just a bigger, wider scarf. We have an active Prayer Shawl Ministry at our parish.

Tomorrow the Chap has a day off and we're heading for the Seacoast for food and frolic. So it will be a Monday Stroll this week.

I think I'm about to bite the bullet and install the upgrade of the Haloscan software that I dislike so much. Also I'm adding a couple of new blogs to the sidebar--two friends of mine started blogging recently--and deleting any that are shut down or so dormant they might as well have done.

And then I'll compose the speech I'll be giving in the House of Reps on Wednesday.


No comments: