"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Festivities

We enjoyed a peaceful, perfect Christmas here at the Lodge.

Here I am, decked out on Christmas Eve. Check out my shiny gold shoes.



Before going to bed, we opened a few special gifts. Shadow and I are thrilled to get a DVD copy of our favourite movie, Local Hero.



On Christmas morning, Lola enviously inspects the contents of our stockings. She and Shadow received some scrummy chewy treats--which didn't last long. That's why she's so interested in the people stuff!



Everyone hunts under the tree, picking out a gift for me to open.



Oh, joy! Flannel loungewear for the sheep lover. Check out Shadow's expression--she thinks I'm a wacko.



Lola is fascinated with my tea infuser spoon.



We had roast duck for dinner. My husband roasted it (exquisitely, I must add). I was responsible for all the side dishes.



For pudding I made my family's traditional holiday dessert.

Boxing Day was spent pleasantly tidying up and playing with new toys. A thunderstorm brought a ton of rain, and even some thunder and lightning in the morning. Overnight, the rain turned into heavy, wet snow, so this morning we woke to a frosted world.



This will be a productive week, I hope, before the next round of festivities. I've got a few meetings scheduled. And I'll be focussed on my website re-launch, set for December 31st. It's coming soon, but I'm not panicking. Yet!


No comments: