"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Ready for a New Year

A light snow is falling around the Lodge as we await the arrival of 2006.

The busy year concluded with a very busy week. I won't go into it, except to same that I spent more time away from home than in it.

Today we received a copy of Preservation magazine, published by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. It features an architectural photo of mine. Also received the Novelists Ink newsletter, with lots of inspiration for the new year of book writing.

Funny Susie blogged about me--far more flatteringly than I deserve. If this is what I get for tagging a busy, busy person...well, I should do it more often.

I was tagged, too, by Teresa , but being a busy person myself, haven't had the time or the brain space to create answers. But I shall!

Now all is quiet and restful.

Moment ago I ticked the last of my boxes when the new website, margaretevansporter.com was uploaded.

Soon as I sign off, it's champagne all around!

Happy New Year!


No comments: