"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Friday, December 14, 2007

White and Bright

My meeting was cancelled--because I cancelled it, in consultation with a diocesan staffer. So after returning home from my mandolin lesson I spent the snowy afternoon and evening with my Christmas three and my cd of Handel's Messiah. The Chap was let out of work early because of the weather.

We received maybe half-a-foot in accumulation, to top up the several inches remaning from the previous blast.

Now we await whatever Sunday has in store. It's supposed to be a significant snow event, so my festive lunch with girlfriends is postponed.

One of our drives as it appeared this morning when I went out to feed the birds.



Lola and Jewel check the front garden for critters.



Ruth imitates a snowplow.



The tree is only 50% decorated. I seem to have other stuff on my plate this Friday, so I probably won't finish till tomorrow.

Yesterday morning the Chap spirited away the Christmas parcels and took them to the Post Office himself. What a hero!


No comments: