"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Wednesday Wench

I'm making a rare appearance as guest blogger at Word Wenches. My topic is theatrical history. So if you are interested, or curious, do stop by.

That's me to the left. Whenever I look at that photo, I still smell Aqua Net hairspray, which is how I kept my elegant French coiffure intact! If Liz F stops in today, she'll recognise the costume. It was made for me, but I'm fairly certain she wore it in a later production.



Rose of the Day: Blanc Double de Coubert Another rugosa, extremely fragrant, dating from the 1890's. This one was polinated from the simple white rugosa, which I grow also.



Keeping with the white theme, here's Alba Semi-Plena. Believed to be 16th century or earlier. Two years ago I moved this one from its original location. Not only did it survive transplantations, it's thriving!




No comments: