"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Stroll



The second half of the week was madness, and I'm glad I found some quiet time to observe interesting things happening at the Lodge.

Beans on the scarlet runner bean plant.



On the handrail I met this interesting caterpillar. Couldn't find him in any of my books.



Sedum at peak bloom.



Wild aster. It seems to have a purple stem, but I don't think it's the purple-stemmed one because the flowers look exactly like the other one. I looked it up in my book but my book isn't beside me at the moment.



I love rugosa hips.



The goldenrod...with some sort of little bee or wasp at work.



My poor confused forsythia thinks it's springtime and autumn. The leaves are changing, but the giant shrub is covered with opening buds and yellow blossoms.



This chipmunk is called Vincent (van Gogh). Half his right ear is missing.



It might take me a little while to catch up with the activities of recent days--photo op with the Governor, afternoon at the lake cottage (with late season swimming), et cetera.


No comments: