"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Baby, It's More than Cold Outside

Nowadays, after over 15 years in New England, preceded by 11 years in Colorado, I define cold as something in the 30's, descending to the 20's. The teens--worse than cold. Single digits? Ouch. Single digits with gale force winds and massive wind chill?

That would be today.

This morning, in about an hour's time, I watched the temperature double.

It rose from 3 degrees Fahreinheit all the way to 6.

I'm hoping the winds die down a bit before my mandolin lesson. I was planning to do some shopping for a certain special person. More likely I shall wait till tomorrow when maybe it won't be so much beyond mere cold, or so blustery.

Today's great achievement will be dropping off all our Christmas cards at the Post Office.


No comments: