"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, December 28, 2009

Snow, Azalea



Outdoors on our decks, even after heavy rainfall, we still have snow--an interesting background for my fluffy, snowy azalea.

Snow is falling now quite heavily, sticking to the hemlocks and freshing the white blanket covering our property.

Yesterday was quiet but busy. I completed Phase 1 of my revisions, and can report that I excised a total of 16,649 words (so far) from the entire manuscript. My goal was 15,000 and I exceeded it. Phase 2 involves line editing hard copy. That has been delayed by a technological hitch when I tried printing pages. My new ink cartridge doesn't seem to work at all, and printing must wait until the Chap can exchange a bad cartridge for a good one. No matter. I can keep busy editing the Author's Note and reviewing the synopsis to make sure it matches the final book.

But I'm also taking a little break from revising. For a few days I shall read novels by people other than me!

The Lodge smells of lamb curry...because that's what's in my slow cooker.

Our New Year's Day outing might be affected by an expected snow storm. Hard to say.





No comments: