"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Sunday Stroll: Easter Day

The Easter Bunny brought us Polish painted wooden eggs (he does it every year) and fresh flowers.



I think maybe he got the flowers from my gardens, where the big daffodils are now blooming.



Had an all-day Saturday outing in Manchester and Concord. In Manchester, where we saw forsythia and other trees in bloom, we shopped, visited the "Homer to Hopper" watercolour exhibition at the Currier Museum, and lunched with our Friend From The North Country and her mom at La Carreta. Then we followed them to the airport to welcome their visitor to NH from Virginia. (I will be spending more time with them/him in the coming week.) In Concord we loaded up with Easter feast food and garden supplies.

It was a record-breaking warm day in Concord. I think it was 83 degrees or something.

We'd barely left the Lodge for church this morning we spotted this cross created by airplane contrails. It was amazing, and we followed it all the way to the village.



As part of the Easter service we had a baptism. This is the hand-made Faith Chest our parish presents to those who are baptised, and we place items of spiritual significance inside. My FFTNC very generously and kindly provided me with some items from her Holy Land journey.



The altar decorations.



More flowers.



And more flowers.



I'm heading outside to plant 3 new rose bushes and tidy up more gardens. It's not quite as warm as yesterday, I think it will max out at 74 or 76.

We have some very interesting ducks on the little lake but they are too shy to pose for photographs. So far.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you are enjoying your Sunday however you choose to use it. To continue strolling, head to Aisling's blog.


No comments: