"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Stroll: Floral Explosion

My forsythia bomb.



Close-up view.



The honeysuckle on my arch is only just leafing out. Eventually last year's bird nest will be obscurbed by vines, leaves, and floweres.



Bergenia.



Hellebore.



Daffodils.



Hyacinths




White snake's head fritillary.



The purple fritillary.



Irresistable "inside the flower" shot.



The monarda (bee balm), native to America, will surround this statue later in the season.



In addition to garden statues, I collect rocks shaped like the state of New Hampshire.



In the non-cultivated category of flower, some wild bluets growing outside the garden boundary wall.



And in the houseplant category, the jasmine I grew from a cutting taken from my mother's plant is both lovely and exquisitely scented.



Thanks so much for strolling with me. To continue, visit A Quiet Country House.


No comments: