"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Glorious Fig update

Not long ago, I wrote about
my adventures raising a fig tree
.

The tree is thriving, and continues to amaze me. This morning I ate the largest fruit, so far.



Not only are the existing figs ripening daily, several new ones are forming.



It will be a busy few days--houseguests arriving tonight, library groundbreaking tomorrow, 4 hour meeting on Saturday morning, another meeting on Sunday. So, limited opportunities for admiring my miraculous fig tree. Or for blogging.

No comments: