"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, November 21, 2005

Holiday preparations

My husband is at the supermarket this very minute purchasing the necessary items for our Thursday feast. The main course, as usual, will be untraditional.

Last Thursday, after a Christmas shopping marathon, we dined at a famous turkey restaurant near the Big Lake. So bird this Thursday would be redundant.

Except for a writers' meeting on Saturday afternoon, I spent the weekend entirely at home. He went up to the lake cottage to finish some final closing up tasks.

Last night we had a lovely fire--our newly repaired chimney works!

With our Christmas shopping mostly done, time for the next step. Yesterday afternoon I wrapped 25 gifts. My stock of wrapping paper is severely depleted, so I'll finish up today--the spouse is buying more of it on his shopping round. I'm picky about the paper I use, so I hope he follows my instructions to the letter.

We're having some excellent weather, sunny and not too cold. The girls have been sunbathing on the deck all morning.

Lola stretches out before going down again.




Shadow wonders why I'm taking pix when there's nothing exciting going on here. Lola's already half-asleep.




Shadow follows Lola's example.



They'd better enjoy the sunshine while they can. Rumour has it that Thanksgiving might be a white one!


No comments: