"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

On the Go


It's a week of heading off to meetings, day and night. The camera caught me on my way out one afternoon, in appropriate meeting attire, carrying my newly purchased black leather bag. It's roomy enough to hold all my necessary junk, including a mini-computer.

Said the husband, as I was departing, "You are one happenin' babe!"


During a post-meeting drive round town today, I passed these happenin' trees. The building houses a historic inn and fantastic restaurant. Couldn't stop myself from pulling over and shooting. Flaming maples really brighten up a grey day!


A big convention on the horizon will keep me rather busy through Sunday. After that, life will become somewhat calmer and I'll revert to my more typical writer-in-the-woods mode. Or at least try to...


No comments: