"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Shades of Red



Because we'd planned a Saturday Christmas shopping blow-out (yes, Christmas shopping!) I wore red to put me in the holiday spirit. Shadow was fairly dispirited as I told her farewell...
She knows perfectly well that if I'm wearing make-up, I'm leaving the house for the day.


The weather was startlingly warm for November--in the mid-60's by midday. Granted, it didn't feel very Christmasy outside, but early shopping means not having to contend with snow and ice. To reward ourselves for a successful morning at the mall, we dined at our fave Mexican restuarant. The red chile peppers on the sign match the day's red theme.









Living in the countryside, we believe we've got all the good trees. But in the city we found an awesome stand of blazing red maples in somebody's front yard.






The afternoon sunlight made those red leaves glow.
Usually by now, there isn't much colour left, so we're enjoying this extended leaf-peeeping season.


We brought home an entire trunkful of goodies for various members of our family.

In the mail we found our new passports. And I unexepectedly received contracts for a Slovakian edition of one of my older titles. Happy happy joy joy!


No comments: