"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, November 14, 2005

Post-convention post

The three days of the convention were awesome. I even spoke from the podium. The audience on Saturday was about 310 people. Not too daunting, I'd been preparing for it a long time--and I've been working on the initiatives my team presented for nearly two years! Things went quite well. Resolutions were discussed and passed, and there was lots of good fellowship. We had fantastic music on Friday night and again on Saturday, performed by Fran McKendree.

We wrapped up last night with a youth concert, also featuring Fran.

It was a wild time!




Afterwards, the husband and I dined at our favourite Mexican restaurant. Weary as I was, I somehow managed to down a double order of chile rellenos.

Now life should calm down a bit, after a few follow-up meetings this week. I've got several book reviews to refine and submit, a photo essay to organise, and an article to write. Then it's back to the work-in-progress, with as close to full time concentration as I can achieve.

Oh, and we plan to resume our Christmas shopping on Wednesday!


No comments: