"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Shrub or Tree?

You be the judge...



For me, this image proves the maxim--for actors, models, photographers--that proper lighting is a Very Good Thing.

I used to have forsythia envy in the worst way. Years ago I strategically planted some stick-like things in 1-gallon pots labelled forsythia. In subsequent seasons, neither put on much of a show. Driving past the neighbours' gardens was almost depressing, but it was my main opportunity to see this plant in all its yellow glory. My regular errand runs only induced intense frustration.

Not this year!


No comments: