"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween

We're doing "Halloween Lite" this year. We've got a small supply of candy--mini-chocolate bars. We don't get many mini-visitors, all the little kids are now older. Local parents no longer drive them down every dark country road to show off how cute they are.

But we're getting into the spirit of the day here at the Lodge.

Here's Ruth's impression of a Tasmanian Devil.



We decided to dress up--temporarily.

Lola realises that serving as Dog Queen is an awesome and weighty responsibility.



Being Princess of the Puppies is truly exhausting.



Later, after dark, I'll be wearing my blinking skulls deelyboppers. Ruth can't wait!



Saturday, Sunday and Monday were wildly windy. Today I drove round town checking on my campaign signs--none had blown down. It's odd and somewhat embarrassing to see my name in big red letters all over the place! And I visited the printer to drop off our candidate team 's hastily produced brochure. Leter this week it will be mailed out to all voters in our district. Our newspaper ad blitz begins tomorrow.

I'm going to spend the rest of today forgetting about the election, and focus on writing. And I'll try not to pass by the Halloween candy bowl too many times. It's terribly tempting....


No comments: