"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, May 14, 2007

Fashion guidance

It's no secret that I often follow my dogs' example when dressing. They favour black and white.



So do I.



I'm holding the soft and cuddly Border collie toy I purchased at the Sheep & Wool Festival described below. No, I didn't take it along to church, though I was tempted because it matched my outfit so perfectly! (I've also got a larger, similar version, acquired at the same event two years ago.)

Yesterday I received a card with three dogs on the front and hand-drawn paw prints inside. It was from my girls, but I believe the envelope flap was damp with human saliva. The Chap concocted an awesome caipirinha for me when I came inside from the garden, where I spent the afternoon weeding. For dinner we had steak and couscous and salad.

The mother I know and love the best is in Scotland--Edinburgh, to be precise. She was far from my hugging arms but seemed near because she's enclosed inside my heart. She taught me to love gardens so whenever I'm in mine, in a sense she's there, too.


No comments: