"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunday Serenity

Yesterday's breeze has fled. All morning the lake has been still, because most of the boaters seem to be sleeping in. I'm sorry to miss the Pentecost service at church, but for me this place is no less holy.

Last night's dinner:



Yes, raspberry crèpes. I know, I know--shameful, decadent, delicious! But it's a holiday weekend, and as usual when I'm here on my own I eat frivolously.

After-dinner show:



Because it's Sunday, the big white boat travels up and down our bay.

The morning excursion, a few minutes ago.



It repeats the journey in the afternoon.

Although the sky is slightly overcast and there's almost a chill in the air , we intend to do exactly as we did yesterday. Which, from my perspective, is as good as it gets.

No comments: